Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Now That's a Mood Modifer!

I started writing this post after last nights horribly frustrating lost to the Reds 8-2. This came after the Padres had left the winning run on 3rd two innings in a row. The Padres were 1-11 with RISP in that game and had wasted yet another good start from their pitching staff.

Then today's game happen and the same offensive ineptitude was on display again. And the same frustration, reaching a boiling point when the Padres failed, again, to advance a runner from 2nd to 3rd via a bunt.

As I'm writing this now, no frustration in sight. All smiles.


Walk-off wins can do that to you.

Look, Hudson's walk-off single didn't suddenly erase the offense problems that Padres have right now. They are 4-15 with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Overall, the team BA with RISP is .213. That needs to be better.

As does Hawpe. Being 4 for 29 is one thing. 12 of those 29 AB's ending in a strikeout? An entirely different thing. Despite a better (better being a very loose term) BA than Ludwick, right now I have much more faith in Ludwick then I do Hawpe. It seems like all I see is Ludwick hitting the ball right on the button...and right at someone.

But like I said, I just don't feel like focusing on the negative right now. I intended to come in here, rant and rave about this team and vent some frustration. About bunts, and blown opportunities etc etc.

Instead, the Padres finish their first homestand with a much needed win. And I'm smiling and all is right with the world. For tonight anyway.

Walk-off wins can do that to you.

1 comment:

Dis said...

There is beauty in the world.